Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How Can They Do This? May I Scream Now?



RANT WARNING!

I am in utter disbelief. The companies HERE and HERE that make my thyroid medication will not be able to get it into my pharmacy until 3 months from now. Do they have any idea what is going to happen to thyroid patients all over the USA? It is outrageous that they can play with our lives and health this way.

It took me YEARS of struggle and experimentation before I finally started feeling reasonably well after contracting thyroid disease. Doctors drag their feet diagnosing it, and don't do a very good job addressing treatment.

This is why I would suggest (and I don't know if it's legal or not) that thyroid patients everywhere stockpile at least a 3-month supply AT ALL TIMES.

For more information on the problem you can read HERE. Mary Shomon has done a great job staying on top of the problem.

Seriously. Would they do this to diabetics? If a diabetic cannot get insulin they will be dead VERY QUICKLY. Is this what the brave new world of health care is coming to?

End of rant.

No comments: